Wednesday

30. 12 2009

The year is coming to an end. And I think, I'm not going to do much on new year's eve. For one, Piak will be working. Two, I don't exactly have good friends here. I know. It's sad. Hahah. I'm officially friendless in Brunei. I does gets me sometimes. But it's alright. I keep myself busy with work anyway. That's one reason why I like being busy working. The food an drinks are all prepared and I know what I'm doing and what to expect. Well, more or less.

Speaking of work, I went to KL last night and we were about 20 minutes late and for that, I think Piak is mad at me. I have no idea why, but he's not talking to me, at all. I tried making conversation but, I think I prefer talking to the wall. I was excited of going home and tell him all the exciting details of my work. But, I think you'll know it before him.

Anyway, I was the one who brought the flight to KL. I did the takeoff, the Passenger announcement, and the landing. If you're a pilot, you would know how it is to get to KL. The radio controller makes it very difficult. First, he made us fly realllllyyyyy slow and then he changed his mind. Then he made us fly slow again and I was pretty high on my flight path(which we call profile). Thankfully, I managed to control all that. Oh, did I mention, it was a captain's training flight? And there was an instructor sitting behind us both, looking at all the things we did? Well, yes, it was.

So, on the final stage of the flight, we were trying to keep our distance from the aircraft in front of us. Somehow, we got closer and closer. I swear, it seems like the aircraft in front of us just stopped midair and we suddenly got too close. He was to land first. And when he landed, we were about 300' above the ground. That does not give enough space for us. So, I heard the words I don't often hear from ATC(air traffic controller) "aircraft still occupying the runway, Brunei 875, go around." Things went so fast. One second we were going down to land, the next, it felt like we were in a space shuttle, on our back, going around. This isn't my first time. It's my third, to be exact. So, I had it under control.

On the second attempt to land, we managed to do it. My landing wasn't the best one. It WAS raining! Hahah. Anyway, we got on the ground safely and the captain I flew with admitted that it was his very first Go-Around, ever, as a commercial pilot. Hahaha! OMG!

Anyway, since we had to do a go-around, we were about 15 minutes late. Everything was in a rush. But I still texted Piak to tell him I'm going to be late. At least I told him. His last few flights, he was late and I never had a single clue that he was.So, I came to pick him up, either slightly early or on time, only to find out, his flight was delayed. But it's alright. I excuse him. But why does it feel like he's angry at me for being late. And he doesn't even know the reason for me being late! Oh well. It's his loss. My life still goes on.I still have to work again tonight.

This time, to Singapore.

No comments: