Saturday

02.01.2010

It's a new day in the new year. Happy New Year to all! On my last post, I mentioned that I won't be spending the change of the new year celebrating. Well, I must say, I was wrong. A few of us guys checked in at Empire and watched the fireworks on the strike of midnight. Piak and I checked in early and got the room prepared. Like, setting up the PS3 and all that, and around 5, Apis came and joined us. He joined us for dinner at LiGong. And it was really unpleasant. I don't think I want to go there again.

Here's what happened. First of all, the dinner cost $95 EACH!! and the room includes a COMPLIMENTARY dinner and breakfast. Prior to checking in, which I did, and Piak waited in the car, I asked a bunch of questions to the receptionist about our stay, like, what time does the gates close to public? what time does it open? what if my family wants to come in? and join me for dinner when the gates are closed? where's the fireworks? the best place to watch it? this, and that, and this! I wanted a perfect stay! So, after all those questions, he gave me my keys and just said, "have a pleasant stay!" and nothing more.

So, we called LiGong, to make sure of our booking, and we called AGAIN, to confirm it and add another person to it. Apis. In the meantime, we stayed in the room and chitchat and played video games!

So, at 7.30, with short pants(the boys) and just t-shirt(me), we headed to LiGong to have our dinner.

We stood outside to give way of the other customers to go out. I think it's just our habits of giving way to passengers in the plane. With a smile and all the patience in the world. So, once it was all clear, we went in and the Black-Suited(BS) people, who was suppose to welcome us NICELY, said "can I have your vouchers? and where is your wristband?" I stood upfront and said, "what voucher? and what wristband?"

And I would never have expected BS's reply! "I'm sorry, but you can't come in"

Shocked and trying to suppress my anger, I said, "No, we weren't given ANY vouchers or any wristbands! But we DO stay here."

BS's reply was "We don't care of you stay here. The receptionist should have given you the voucher or the wristband, and only then can you proof you are allowed to eat here"

By then, there were about 3 of the BS people, trying to get us out of their way and out of the restaurant. Is it REALLY our fault that we weren't given the stupid vouchers? or the stupid wristband?? I gave them Piak's full name and our room number, showed the card and yet, they tried to get us out of there.

By then, I nearly lost my cool and blew off! And can you believe they tried to blame the receptionist? They said they should have given me the stuff and I'm to go back there and ask for it. He said, "the main building might give you a hard time if you don't have the wristband." I thought quietly, "i handled you, so I think, I can handle anyone who asks me questions!"

Finally, they gave in, checked the list of names that she was holding THE WHOLE TIME, and found our name. HOw easy was that??? BANCI KU EHHH!!! MENTALLL!!!

Anyway, the food wasn't that good. AND on top of the $95 buffet, we have to PAY for the drinks! what kind of buffet that cost THAT much made us pay for just WATER! plain ice water?????We'll be happy if we get tap water, even! sigh. No way I'm going there again! never!

After dinner, we went back to the room to rest. We played games and the rest of the night went well. The guys started to come over one by one and we went to watch the fireworks.

I was still trying to forget dinner.

After the fireworks, we went back to the room and some of the guys went out to get Nasi Katok and Piak went to sleep as he had to work at 6 am in the morning.

Some of the guys went home and in the morning, I sent Piak to work, came back and went back to sleep and woke up, in time for breakfast. I called Rachel, an old friend of mine to join me. After breakfast, I sent her back and packed all the stuff to check out and straight to the airport to pick up my sayang.

Before going back to my room, we went to Tanjung Nangka to visit our house. The roof is done, so is the plastering, and I think next will be the tiles! Can't wait to move in our new house!! Maybe in a few months time, we will! Yaaay! Our very own house! Then, we went back to the room and I went straight to bed! Piak was still awake, cooking lunch. Hahah!

All in all, I hated my stay at empire. Don't think I want to do it again. But enjoyed my time with my sayang and my friends.

XD

No comments: