Monday

07.12.2009


Found this picture in my laptop. Hahah! By the way, that's my brother, Aauddi.

I woke up at 11 am today. But I only slept at 1 am. So, it's all good. Hahah. I feel sooo tired and sick. I did a Singapore and Kuching flight on Saturday and I was supposed to be on standby yesterday. And have a flight this morning.

But, since I'm such a lucky person, I got called up to do a double Singapore flight yesterday! They really should be paying me extra for that! Working for about 12 hours straight is no fun. Thankfully, the captain I was with was a cool captain. A captain I don't mind flying with a lot. Tho I don't think the feeling goes both ways. Hahah.

Anyway, on our first trip to Singapore, the flight was delayed and it was a full flight that we had passengers in the cockpit with us. Good thing was the passenger was a pilot himself and was a nice company to have.

After hundreds of yawns, we finally arrived in Singapore and being ALREADY late for about 11 minutes, the captain managed to make me go to the terminal and get some stuff for him and some other people. I don't really mind. I only kept glancing at the time for about 50 times. Haha.

On my "stroll" around the terminal, a passenger came up to me asking for directions to a gate.
Sigh. For one, I don't exactly work at the terminal and Singapore has about 3 different terminals! So, that wasn't much help. But, I managed to point her into the directions of the information centre. Haha! And knowing that she does not know english, there's no point saying anything in english so I said, "tanya mereka." and somehow she replied, "terima kasih"! I had a laugh! I thought to myslef, I'm malay, does she not see that? she can speak malay to me and I can help her in no time. Then again, I might not look malay to her.

Then half way to my destination (a duty free shop), a group of middle aged ladies came swarming towards me shouting things in other language. I think it was dutch? or some sort. Hahaha. They all talked at the same time, very loudly asking things I have no idea about. I felt like shouting back, "ENGLISH pls! ENGLISH!!!" but I'm in my uniform, so, I have to behave and just smile and shake my head. Finally, one of them said, "bags?bags?" So, naturally, I presumed, they just arrived and wondered where to go! for god's sake, it was SINGAPORE terminal! there were signs everywhere!!! And the signs have pictures with it. But, with a smile, I pointed out where they should go.

Finally, I got the stuff on the list and headed back to my plane. thankfully, we left on time.

On our second trip, we ended up having a gate where it's the furthest from the terminal. Mind you, it takes about 7-10 minutes worth of quick walking just to get to the very first shop. Thankfully, we were about 5 minutes early and once again, the captain managed to persuade me to go to the terminal and get ourself some chocolates. Hahah. I'd do anything for chocolate!

It's a good thing the terminal is very cold or else, I'd be drench with sweat after the walk! I got to the fist chocolate shop and the workers there were at awe having me there and they actually asked to take photos with me. I'm touched. Hahahah. And they gave me free chocolate. Yummy!

Top picture shows the chocolate I bought. Mmmmm!!!

On the way back to the plane, which literally felt longer than going out, I was hoping I wont delay the flight. Thankfully enough, we actually left about 5 minutes earlier. Hahah! And we got home about 20 minutes early. Yaay!

So, a couple of hours later, here I am, all unwell and dealing with a bad headache hoping they won't call me to do another flight today since I'm on standby from 1300-1900. Alright, Aspirin time. Hahahah!

No comments: